Spring is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about deep cleaning your furniture. While vacuuming your couch regularly is important, it’s not enough to keep your furniture clean and fresh. Here are some best practices for furniture cleaning that you can follow to keep your upholstery at its best year after year.
- Start with vacuuming. This is an important weekly task, but you should also remove couch cushions to vacuum underneath them and vacuum the cushions themselves. This helps to remove any dirt, dust, or pet hair that has accumulated on your furniture.
- Don’t forget about wood and metal pieces! These areas can be wiped down using a gentle cleaning solution and buffed or polished as needed to keep them looking their best.
- Make sure to check the label on your upholstery to determine what type of fabric it’s made of and to find instructions for washing it. For example, some fabrics may be dry clean only, while others can be washed with a mild detergent.
- If you notice any visible stains on your furniture, spot-treat them immediately. You can use a store-bought stain treatment that’s safe for your specific fabric type, or you can make your own solution using vinegar, water, and gentle dish soap.
- After cleaning, be sure to absorb as much moisture from your upholstery as possible. You can do this by leaving your furniture in a well-ventilated area and using fans to help it dry if necessary.
While do-it-yourself methods can be effective, it’s important to schedule professional furniture cleaning in the San Antonio area at least once a year. A professional cleaning can help to remove any dirt, stains, or odors that have accumulated on your furniture over time, leaving it looking and smelling fresh and new.
Upholstery Cleaning in San Antonio
At Chem-Dry, we offer an industry-leading approach to furniture cleaning in the San Antonio area. Our team of experts uses safe, non-toxic cleaning solutions and state-of-the-art equipment to get your furniture looking its best. So this spring cleaning season and beyond, trust us for all of your upholstery cleaning needs!