Rugs can add a beautiful style and décor to your room. But with that, they attract a lot of dust and dirt. However, the area rugs placed in your home or office find different ways to acquire stains and spills. Often, you may find steps to clean an area rug by hand at home online. But, for more dirty and sticky stains, you need an area rug professional.
Tips To Clean Dirtiest Rugs Like Rug Professional Clean
↣ Regular dirt
Rugs stay at the bottom of every room where dust level settles the most. Make sure to vacuum your rugs at least once a week to pick up any dirt, dust, and debris. It will prevent dirt from being trodden deep into the fabric.
Give the rug a shake to dislodge any loose grit or trapped dirt within the fibers. The vacuum cleaner can then pick up this dirt later. You might be cleaning the rug every week. Yet, there are always some blindspots that demand a thorough cleaning process. For such stains, contact a professional rug cleaning.
Following these instructions might help you.
- Give the carpet a shake to loosen up the soil, oil, and stains.
- Wash both sides of the rug with the highest pressure on your garden hose. It will push the dirt out of the area rug.
- Apply any stain removers, shampoos, and deodorizers.
- Massage these with soft nylon brushes.
- Now let it dry. Experts recommend area rug cleaning every one to three years.
↣ Liquid Spills
Sometimes while drinking coffee and chatting with your friends or colleagues, you spill coffee on your beautiful area rug. So, to remove this coffee stain, follow the steps here.
- Blot up as much of the coffee as you can. Then, mix 1/2 tsp of liquid dish soap and 1/2 tsp of white vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water.
- Using a clean, white cloth, sponge the stain with the mixture.
- Apply a little bit at a time, frequently blotting with a dry cloth until the stain disappears.
- Finally, sponge with cold water and blot dry.
Cleaning up sugary juices is too hard. It’s okay if you couldn’t get rid of the stain. You can call an area rug cleaning service. They will not only remove the coffee stain but will also deep-clean your carpet.
↣ Pet odor and stain
Being a dog guardian, of course, is the best feeling ever. But they come up with responsibilities. You constantly have to deal with pet accidents and the associated odor issues. And you wouldn’t be able to deal with it all by yourself. But that’s fine, give a ring to area rug cleaners. They know precisely how to deal with it and permanently eliminate the problem.
Moreover, professionals use a special UV light, which can help to detect pet accidents in your home and eliminate pet urine odors from your carpets, rugs, and upholstery through a complete revolutionary cleaning process.
How do you clean a really dirty rug?
If you have a tiny rug, check the care label to see if it must be dry-cleaned, spot-cleaned, or washed. An area rug with a dry-cleaning-only tag may not be colorfast. Before spot-cleaning, conduct a test. If it is water-resistant, rinse it on the gentle mode in the washing machine. Split the fringe into many bundles and tie each with white thread to avoid the possibility of entanglement. To safeguard the rug from the agitation, put it in a mesh washing bag or a zipped cover and wash it in cool water on the low setting.
Hang wet rugs over a clothes dryer, a paneled coffee table, or a pile of bricks on a veranda, terrace, or hallway.